self certifying oil boilers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I work for a compnay and i have a corgi card in their name + one in my own so as far as fitting gas boilers is concerned i self certify via corgi website.just been asked to fit my first oil boiler as a private job,i am oftec registered through the company so how do i self cerify the installaiton?
taken form the oftec website-
From now on all OFTEC Registered Technicians are recognised by the Building Regulations as ‘competent persons’. They can self-certify oil work and avoid the cost and delay of Building Notices
Does this have to be done via oftec website? and do i have to register as a business with them to do it?

Sponsored Links
You can't self certify a private job. You will have to register as a business, and if you have any sense, you will have public liability insurance. (Unless you are rich).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back