self-employment rates ?

sorry saxondale, im not trying to star an argument im just going on what my wife says. shes a certified accountant who deals with small businesses all the time.there is no hard and fast rule to it

Sponsored Links
I have to agree with Thermo, there are no hard and fast rules concerning income tax. IR35 is a particularly thorny piece of legislation. Setting up your own LTD company is no guarantee that your not gonna get clobbered. Fortunately HMRC introduced IR35 is order to try to extract loads of tax from Y2K IT contractors mainly, however, after y2K and the dotcom debacle, the revenue hasn't really seemed up for a fight as the number of IT contractor4s plummeted, so most people get away with it. Put it this way I've contracted for the same company for 10 of the last 11 years and have only been IR35'ed on one occasion, however that's no guarantee, it really depends on the wording of the contract, how aggressive you are with HMRC, how aggressive they are with you.

If you pay a reasonable amount of tax (i.e don't take it all in dividends), don't completely over egg your expenses (a little bit of creativeness here is tolerated) then you should be alright...... Probably

sorry saxondale, im not trying to star an argument im just going on what my wife says. shes a certified accountant who deals with small businesses all the time.there is no hard and fast rule to it

I know (I`m just certified LOL) think you`ll find thats what I was saying too - thats how we do it ( seven years and counting) the IR35 thing doesn`t really catch us as thats aimed at employees charging for " consultancy fee.." and the old CIS had us excempt as a non construction industry, we really do have it the best of both worlds

Sponsored Links
Back