self-leveling floor compound?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
i have just come across this great site, and as i am doing some diy i would appreciate some advice. i wish to do a fake flagstone floor, i got the idea from a book. i would like to know if it is easy to make up the compound, and do the work, and the approximate cost. i am doing a small toilet which is 3ft x 6ft. i would be grateful too for any tips. thanks

Sponsored Links
are you talking about using the levelling compound to create the faux flagstone floor?

if so, i guess 2, 20 kg bags should be enough. i would be inclined to use a brickies "gag mush" or bar jointer to create the fake joints. i would think you would have to either mix the compound quite stiff or leave it a while before imprinting the faux joints.

if you do make a cock up, you could always buy some more compound and go over the top.

thank you noseall. it did say to wait 1 or 2 hours before you make the fake inprints. not sure what a gag mush is so will have to look that up. the book said to use a stick for the markings so will give it a try and like you said i could always go over it again. it also said to do it all in one go, so not sure what im going to mix that lot up in!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back