Self levelling compound over heating mats

The primer is actually to enable the tape to hold. You can apply adhesive straight to the boards, so the SLC should be okay as well.

Sponsored Links
Ah right. Well, better safe than sorry I suppose! Hopefully gonna get it done in the morning now!

Thanks

Finally got round to doing the SLC this morning.

20 bags of Level it 2 mixed n laid covering 36m2.

Definitely 4 person job! 2 mixing, 1 pouring n levelling, 1 cleaning buckets.

Worked a treat though.

A few areas where the matting is showing through but that will be fine for tiling.

Certainly glad I did it. Just wish I'd have used some to level the subfloor to start with coz it would've made putting the boards down so much easier!

Thanks again for all your advice guys!

IMG_3808.JPG
IMG_3807.JPG
IMG_3809.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3808.JPG
    IMG_3808.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 90
Sponsored Links
Nice one, looks like a tidy job, that.
Best crack on with the tiling now

Cheers guys.

Hopefully get cracking with tiling today.

Just checking -

So spread adhesive with 10mm rounded trowel onto the floor then spread a thin layer all over the back of the tiles with a straight edge trowel rather than combing it with notched trowel?

Cheers

Either really, I just use the same trowel. Basically for larger format tiles, the point of back buttering is to ensure complete bedding/support of the tiles, in all honesty you should get that anyway with a 10mm notch as you press the tile in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back