self testing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question.Ive been made redundant,blah,blah,blah.Ive been in industry for 30 odd years,as electrician.I have just taken and passed the 2381 course on IEE regs.Ive got myself a second hand robin 1620 meter,all working ok.But i dont have a manual,anyone got a tatty one lying around?Also if i want to get part P,do i go on another course?or do i do an installation and have it checked and verified by an affiliated body?Please help before i have to sell the kids and go on bread and water.....cheers

Sponsored Links
AFAIK, you need to do 2391, inspection and testing to register for part p

In order to qualify for Part P, you will need to have the C&G 2391 Inspection and Testing Cert.

The other route would be to complete the C&G 2400 Design and Verification course, but as you have done the 2381 this may be pointless at this stage. (2400 incorporates elements of both the 2381 and 2391 courses)

As for Part P certification, you will need anything from 3 to 5 completed Jobs in order to undergoe assessment, the number will vary from scheme to scheme and level of experience from what i have read and heard.

Sponsored Links
If you pass their inspector's assessment you can register with NICIEC and get the qualifications within 1 year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back