Selling house, wiring issues.

all the other "issues" would have been standard for the original build

The guy who has written this report is a member of NICEIC. He's right, in the view of any judge, solicitor or most reasonable members of the public; we're just some random anonymous idiots on the 'net.

all the OP needs to do is

No, he would need to find someone more qualified to write a different report. From 200 miles away, tomorrow, and costing less than it takes to just pay this bill.

Sponsored Links
No, he would need to find someone more qualified to write a different report. From 200 miles away, tomorrow, and costing less than it takes to just pay this bill.
If necessary.

As is telling the buyer that he will, if necessary, bankrupt himself fighting her in court because, come hell or high water, she will not get away with it.

We are due to complete on Friday and I am going up to Scotland to sign the deeds then.
And what happens if you don't do that?

Hope he has sorted this out.Its a real headache.
could put that the job details on some of those internet estimate/quote sites to get an idea of costs.
Note to self dont buy/sell in scotland.

Sponsored Links
Many times, but it's the estate agents that I don't trust. At least lawyers are just incompetent.

If you agree I may suggest you put in clause along the lines of the buyer having inspected the house agrees to no further claims against the property. This may cost you the £400 or so but prevents any future claims up to the 5 day period post sale. If worded correctly the no further claims may extend to ANY claim - not just electrical

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back