selling your product

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I design furnitures as a hobby but at the moment looking into marketing my ideas/designs/items

Any idea how to start? Thanks

Sponsored Links
In terms of the items, sell 'em on eBay and also set up your own website so you can refer eBay interest to your website to maximise sales.

You could also approach small independent furniture stores who may be interested in buying your products for re-sale.

The above is however assuming that you make the items yourself. If you don't you'll need to find a decent cabinet maker to do it for you.

For ideas and designs - you need to start networking in the relevant field and find contacts within the industry. It takes time but you may find a furniture manufacturer willing to buy your designs or one willing to produce them for an agreed fee.

I don't know if the above is what you are after but I hope it helps a little (although it's probably things you've already thought of).

Fred.

Thanks!

I am putting my designs on Ebay at the moment.

Trying to find connections in the industry is the hard bit!

I looked around for furniture maker to make my designs in top quality finishing and solid wood but one of them quote it is going to cost £1800 just made from MDF and glossy paint?!!!!! And if it is solid oak its gonna cost me £2500!!!

Blimey!

FredFlintstone said:
You could also approach small independent furniture stores who may be interested in buying your products for re-sale.
Don't forget other 'related' companies: Interior Design shops selling small furniture etc, or even wooden flooring shops (if only we had a larger showroom!, adding furniture makes the sample floors look more homely)

Sponsored Links
WoodYouLike said:
Don't forget other 'related' companies: Interior Design shops selling small furniture etc, or even wooden flooring shops (if only we had a larger showroom!, adding furniture makes the sample floors look more homely)

WoodYouLike, do you have a showroom?

ymi7 said:
WoodYouLike said:

WoodYouLike, do you have a showroom?
http://www.woodyoulike.co.uk/

Back