Sellotape residue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Time to re-paint my teenage daughters room. Currently it is emulsion on lining paper.

Unfortunately she has decorated herself with pages of 'Kerrang' sellotaped onto the walls.

The tape has come off ok but has left residue on the walls.

What can I remove the residue with that wont leak through a couple of coats of emulsion?

With thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm told that white vinegar is good for this kind of thing, maybe a small amount on a cloth.

I'm told that white vinegar is good for this kind of thing, maybe a small amount on a cloth.

Tried a patch and it didn't come off :(

Looks like I will have to rub down and re line the walls (and flipping ceiling - Hate papering ceilings).

So don't paper, we tend to strip paper off, clean down the walls ,basecoat and then simply paint - just moved so we have around 7 rooms where we will be taking textured paper off the ceilings as well as all the walls, not looking forward to that!

Sponsored Links
If you have a "Betterware" distributer in your area thay do a "sticky stuff remover" which may work

If it's dried then nothing will get it off other than scraping.

There's a product called 'Tar and Glue remover' made for car cleaning that you can get from halfords etc. They also do a 'Sticky stuff remover' that comes in a spray bottle. Should do the job.

Thanks all.

Been looking at it today and there is so much of it and nothing wants to shift it.

Going to re-line before painting which is not a problem as I like paper hanging. It also gives a nice surface to paint.

On the ceiling (yes, there were posters there as well) I will just rub down and paint (hate papering ceilings).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back