Semi Buried Gas meter Box - 3/4 inch connection to a 28mm

S

Simonbeasley1

- What fitting?

I have to pipe up new appliances Friday from a new meter position. Southern Electric Have already re positioned the semi recessed Meter box and connected to the existing incoming Gas Main.

The meter is being connecnted on Friday and i have to be around to connect to the new appliances. The pipework feeding the appliances will be in 28mm Copper pipe. The fitting on the side of the meter box is only 3/4 Female.

How do i go about increasing it fit onto The new 28mm Gas Pipe??? Surely can't be to use a variety of bushes and BSP fittings to eventually get to 28mm - does the 3/4 meter adaptor come in 1" size?

I know this is a daft question but never done a semi recessed box. Normally i would just solder 28mm coupling directly to the meter union.

Thanks for your help in advance

Simon

Sponsored Links
Well I hate to say it, but if you're not Competent or registered with Gassafe you shouldn't be touching it.

On the other hand if you are join the CC and ask in there.

The fact that it comes from the meter doesn't mean it has to be special; just do it as you would do any other size difference.

No it does not come in inch so just use a 3/4 to 22mm little bit of pipe then a 22mm to 28 mm end feed .

Sponsored Links
If you are there when they stick the meter in, you can ask for the larger union.
Best to ask before they start as it needs another bracket.

You don't ask, you don't get.
If you do ask, you don't get either in this case apparently.

Any idea why they don't supply larger unions for concealed?
Just curiosity as I never see them around here apart from social housing.

well its a bit damm obvious theres only 1 meter type that will fit in a standard semi concealed meter housing. A e6.

me cuts sides off then bottom out... damm this u16 WILL FIT. lOL

Fekin fibre glass casings dont take kindly to bouncing about the van either.

Had a good laugh at a mate who put a couple of ewxtra holes in the bottom of box to try and aid draining water only to go straight through the water main :oops: :oops:

well its a bit damm obvious theres only 1 meter type that will fit in a standard semi concealed meter housing. A e6.

Like I mentioned, I don't see them around here, but apart from that:

What's that got to do with the size of pipe coming off it?
35 kw boiler plus hob will only take about 6 metres of 22 after you have allowed for the bends.

And what 2 inches of a fitting before you can get up next pipework size is going to make a difference same as coming of a 28mm fitting to get up to 35mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back