Semi detached shared guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I own my home and the house joined to mine is rented out by a LHA. Our roof guttering is shared, terminated by an end cap my side and into a downpipe only on my neighbours side.

I clear my own gutters twice a year, and last year noticed that next doors were completely full, resulting in the water backing up our end and spilling over mainly above our bathroom and kitchen windows. We spoke to our neighbour last year and they said they'd speak to the LHA. Nothing came of that so we phoned the LHA direct and they said they'd send someone out to look at it. The weather brightened up and we assumed all was sorted, but with the recent really bad weather the problem has resurfaced.

I phoned the LHA to tell them it's blocked their end again, because water was literally pouring over the walls and windows, again they said they'd send someone out but we're wet getting anywhere - two days later and nobody had bothered sorting it.

Where do I go from here? If the water gets into my walls it's going to cost a fortune to sort :(

Thanks
Jon

Sponsored Links
Bite the bullet and go clean neighbours sides. If there was risk to my house and I was waiting on something or someone who was unreliable and it was a job I could do with little effort or cost I would just go do it myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back