Sensor light not switching off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks,

For the last few days, my driveway sensor light has not been switching off, so I tried to switch it off at the main and then start but again not switching off in the evening. In past, if it did that I used to switch it off and start again and after few seconds it switched off, but now it just does not switch off.

Sponsored Links
is it the type that comes on when pir is triggered by movement ,stays on for a bit then goes off ( but yours staying on ) ??? by the way how'd u get on with drains .terry

sounds as though its on its last legs ,time for a new one. you could try switching off ,leave off 1 minute and then switch back on. some fittings have the facility inbuilt ,so if you want it to stay on permanently , turn supply off and back on within a few seconds and its supposed then to stay on.

Sponsored Links
When it happened to mine, found sensor full of water, drilled very small hole in bottom of sensor been OK since. I did isolate and open sensor to ensure I did not drill through any component.

If the sensor includes a relay to switch the light it could be that the relay contacts are sticking closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back