Sensor range from enforcer unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My first post on here, looks lik I could have done with finding this forum during the initial install as everyone here makes things clearer than the install instructions.

I would like to add pit and door contacts to my garage when it’s built at the end of the garden. The garden is 20 meters long and thealarm main body is at the front of the house 8 meters. I need to know will the sensors work at this distance?

Having it on the house alarm will ensure it’s always set at night ands when we go out. Rather than that annoying feeling of did I set the garage alarm?

Sponsored Links
Hard to tell a number of factors involved thickness/ type of walls other wireless interference and so on.

Do you have the engineer code? if so just put it in engineers take an existing detector to around where the new one will be and do a signal test.

Hard to tell a number of factors involved thickness/ type of walls other wireless interference and so on.

Do you have the engineer code? if so just put it in engineers take an existing detector to around where the new one will be and do a signal test.

Thats what I planned to do but it isnt built yet. Im hoping that somone posts that they have done the same sort of of thing. I did wonder if I can use some kind of wired extender and set that to all the garage units? i couldnt see any kind of expander for the Pyronix unit that could be wired to the alarm and run to the garden.

Last edited:
Depending on the age or your panel , you can fit a zem8 but it will require a PSU and battery
Or a zem8 + if you wanted a sounder

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks Sparky

So am i corect that this i wire to the garage from the enforcer then wire the sensors to the expander not wireless to the expander?

Will need to think about wires before plastering.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back