separate pir sensor wiring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.i need some help.i had outside security light with separate pir sensor fitted out side .connections to light and pir are in water proof box.in it is plastic connecter strip.old hologen was broken so i wanted to replace it with led one.disconected old light but forgot to make note.at presant wiring is like this.2 core and earth comes out of wall into box.conected brown to one terminal blue to another and earth to another one.sensor has 3 core plus earth.colours are brown black an blue and of course earth.brown is connected with brown comming out of house.how the other two should be connected.of course light side can be paired with switch live and nutral thanks.

Sponsored Links
Before you reconnect it, did you check the sensor was compatible with the LED loading?
we had 150 w halogan security light .now we are replacing with 30 w smd .should thete be any problem in compatebility.

Some senors won't work on a low load, which is what often occurs when fitting the LED lamps to them, unfortunately a lot of manufacturers of the sensors fail to detail the minimum load required on these sensors.
So knowing the sensors capabilities would be helpful.
As the two with manufacturers fitted PIR do work, then it is possible that this sensor is underloaded.

I assume the sensor is working under normal conditions and not faulty and is wired correctly?

Sponsored Links
Before you reconnect it, did you check the sensor was compatible with the LED loading?
we had 150 w halogan security light .now we are replacing with 30 w smd .should thete be any problem in compatebility.

Some senors won't work on a low load, which is what often occurs when fitting the LED lamps to them, unfortunately a lot of manufacturers of the sensors fail to detail the minimum load required on these sensors.
So knowing the sensors capabilities would be helpful.
As the two with manufacturers fitted PIR do work, then it is possible that this sensor is underloaded.

I assume the sensor is working under normal conditions and not faulty and is wired correctly?
hi thanks for honest answer.sensor in question is steinel 140.i was looking at tec info which is too difficult for me to understan.only something it says
Max out put(electronic ballasta eg low energy lamps) is 6 ea-max.c?132 uf.does anybody knows what it means.

stuff.stuff.stuff.stuff.stuff.stuff.stuff.stuff.stuff.stuff.stuff.stuff.stuff.stuff.stuff.
Saleem, will you please use a more conventional style of punctuation, capitalisation and spacing so that your posts are more readable?

I wasn't taking the .... You never said you'd connected it up but it didn't work.

You said you didn't know how to connect it up and that you couldn't understand the instructions.

I wasn't taking the .... You never said you'd connected it up but it didn't work.

You said you didn't know how to connect it up and that you couldn't understand the instructions.
mr ban-all-sheds.yes my english is not perfect but that did not mean that you did not understand what i was trying to ask.you twice made the comments .i am sure all those people asking for help are not electritions.if they were then do we realy need a forum like this of course not.there are brillient people on the forum who help people.

Your English is not the problem.

Your complete refusal to ever make your posts readable is.

And no, not everybody is an electrician, but if you were enough of one to rewire houses you should be enough of one to not have to ask "brown is connected with brown comming out of house.how the other two should be connected"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back