seperate electric hob and oven

S

simo105

hi ive recently done an upgrade on a relatives kitchen, now hes had the kitchen fitted hes told me hes changed his mind from induction hob to electric. i did wire a low level socket for it but thats no good now. the oven is in a seprate row of cupboards to the hob and connected to the old cooker outlet. i just wanted to get some advise can i wire the hob to the cooker outlet aswell? or hows the best way round this mess (hob i think is 6k/w and oven is 3.6kw) cheers oh and its protected by a 32amp breaker

Sponsored Links
Can't understand. Changed his mind from induction to electric? Surely the same circuit would suffice?

If you search for cooker diversity, you'll find lots of threads on this subject.

no the induction hob could be protected by a 13amp fuse thats why i dropped a low level done off the ring. new electric hob needs a 30amp protection

Can't understand.
What I can't understand is why someone who thinks it's OK for them to do electrical work in somebody else's house doesn't actually know what they are doing.

simo - when you applied for Building Regulations approval, what did you say would be the way you'd ensure that your work complied with Part P?

Sponsored Links
no need to get on your high horse pal. i am electrician i just deal mainly with wiring heating systems in. the kitchen i have upgraded is complying with the regs . my problem is the chap changed his mind on the hob and i was finding out the best solution round my problem didnt realise asking for a bit of advice made you complety incomptatent at the job cheers

If you are an electrician charging a customer money for your services, you should know your stuff.

You should not be coming to a DIY site to ask for advice.

How long have you been an electrician?

I'm sorry if this upsets you, but the solution to your problem should be blindingly obvious to any qualified electrician.

Clue: you will find the answers to your query in the latest OSG in the Appendix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back