Septic Tank Man Cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi any idea where to get this cover for my septic tank or where I can get a new seal for this one as its a bit pooey smell in garden as its not sealed down.

Attachments

• 20231018_110250.jpg
    20231018_110250.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 76
Sponsored Links

Unless you want to spend £400

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Either, use some sort of silicone sealant, form a generous bead in the frame where the cover mates and push the cover down into it to make a seal, or Denso Tape might be an option. (Filthy stuff, wear gloves.)

If feeling ambitious, remove that cover and frame, (they're worth a few £ secondhand now as Klargester have stopped making them), and fit a 600mm x 600mm cover and cap both dip pipes.

Either, use some sort of silicone sealant, form a generous bead in the frame where the cover mates and push the cover down into it to make a seal, or Denso Tape might be an option. (Filthy stuff, wear gloves.)

If feeling ambitious, remove that cover and frame, (they're worth a few £ secondhand now as Klargester have stopped making them), and fit a 600mm x 600mm cover and cap both dip pipes.
Agh thanks, well it gets emptied every 2 years so maybe silicon frame sealant will be the cheapest method and to redo every empty...or outdoor duct or pvc tape to bond to the concrete floor around it. I think good idea to replace with 600mm but that will take a bit of time maybe next year...what are dip pipes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back