Service Valve vs Emergency Shut Off Valve

Sponsored Links
Yes but more bulky and intrusive, depends on where it is to be fitted.

Sponsored Links
A full way lever valve
A full way gate valve
A full way ballofix valve
A stop cock

All being brass/chrome with none of that plastic ****e.

I love plastic. You plumbers are far too passionate about your metals...

Seeing this plastic carp day in and day out wherby the control handles either snap off or sieze then I'm certain you would change your mind , the valve with the slot for a screwdriver wouldnt last five miutes without shearing/striping the plastic. :LOL:

You get what you pay for.

I'll take your word for it.

However, I've just bought a place with copper pipes and metal fittings everywhere, and they're all seized or the isolation valves won't seal properly, or the stop cocks won't budge....!!

72390271_PB300_254021_HR.JPG

*edit*

Oooof that came out bigger than planned :LOL:

I'll take your word for it.

However, I've just bought a place with copper pipes and metal fittings everywhere, and they're all seized or the isolation valves won't seal properly, or the stop cocks won't budge....!!

You buy a car and it has never been serviced... when it breaks do you balme the car or the owner that didn't maintain it perolery?

All service valves and stop cocks should be checked and tested (i.e., used) once or twice a year otherwise they will seize. that plastic shyte will seize or leak regardless and will be a bigger ball ache to remove once those collets and grab rings have had time to bed in.

But then what do we know?

You DIY'ers have far more knowledge and experience that we do. Why not bung a 2MW combi boiler in your gaff for good measure. Alex Crap will be along soon to tell you that's a good idea as it will modulate down to 500MW and then his 1" manifold (sorry header) will take care of the short cycling.

FFS - why do people come on here for free professional advice and then argue the toss? :evil:

FFS - why do people come on here for free professional advice and then argue the toss? :evil:

Who's arguing? I just stated a fact about my current metal fittings.

I'm taking the advice on board, I'm not disregarding it - I'm going to use the metal service valves - i'd like push fit ones if you can get that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back