servicing and CPA 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning. More advice for a newbie!

Do any of you gas men out there just service appliances as the largest part of your jobs. Not installs , repairs just mostly servicing. I ask as this is the area I wish to concentrate on when starting out.

Now as I understand it at the moment you use a combustion analyser only on the servicing of condensing appliances, is this correct ? Will this eventually change to include this in servicing of all appliances.

I appreciate any of your input. Cheers Si

Sponsored Links
somebody anybody?!?

Sorry should specify that still trying to do my gas experience and this is not to help with a current customer. Anyone near Southend, Essex who does servicing and repairs need an extra pair of hands for 1 or 2 days a week.

Cheers Si

Good afternoon seco.

Actually I live in Hadleigh, just always say Southend as everyone has heard of that! I am 32 years old.

Have completed the Basic Gas Utilisation course at NESCOT college in Surrey. This allowed me to take CCN1, MET1, CEN1 and CKR1 elements. Before this course I had no previous plumbing experience.

Cheers. Si

Sponsored Links
No I am not Seco.

I did that course about 18 months ago. In the mean time I have been trying to gain some work experience. As I stated I had no plumbing knowledge before this gas course and ,ofcourse, I only learnt about the basics of gas safety in a classroom environment. I do however class myself as quite intelligent and am willing to listen and learn. I am particularly interested in the servicing and repair side of things and would be very willing to pass on installs etc. I do not wish to steal any customers or work from anyone willing to pass on their knowledge and time.

The reason I am mainly interested in the servicing and repair side is to gain a working knowledge of the appliances. This would also work nicely around my current employment as a Firefighter. Please no comments from others about cowboy part time fireman plumbers. Yes I am a fireman, but I am trying to do this the right way.

Cheers Si

I take it that you are from around southend seco. Do you know anyone who may be able to offer me some kind of work experience? Any other advice?

I am ofcourse willing to work for free. I think that I would gain a great deal from just watching and talking with an experienced engineer.

Thanks for your interest. Si

sorry si
yes not far from you, im looking to adding another vehicle to plumbing & gas side of things.
but we don't just do gas servicing and faults that would be to soul distroying. thats why i asked if you was on the tools on the plumbing side or drainage.

Thanks for interest seco. Please bear me in mind for any gas work experience, I am flexible with days, shifts etc.

Soul destoying, oh dear!! I thought that would be the best route for me around my shifts. That way I would be in a position to pass on all the bigger jobs, installs etc to others.
I was also thinking of working for a local firm on my days off. That's if I could find one where I could do their servicing for them and then they are free to do the more profitable work. Does that even sound feasible ?!?

Good luck with your expansion plans. Cheers si

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back