Servicing Geberit concealed cistern

Might just need the flush (push) rods adjusting. Mine go "out" every now and again and cause either running or poor flushing (it's a ROCA) but I think very similar.
Ah right. thanks. I assume they screw in and out?
I see them in the YouTube video above.

Sponsored Links
Re removing the flush plate, should pressure pushing the whole plate upwards release it? I came across something that said RH side comes away to then slide to left.

NEITHER SEEM TO BUDGE IT!! Whole thing (ie white plastic backing) starts to pull out/shuffle up and down a bit which is probably not ideal. Suspect the part the plate is clipped to remains solidly attached.

Mainly looking for any tips or certainty on how it unclips.

I was able to use the Geberit app to identify the flush plate (Kappa I think it was, up to 2014). I managed to get installation instructions up on the app but they’re pretty poor and don’t show attachment of the plate.

one or two videos I’ve watched haven’t really helped either. One just suggested LH side being the side that pulls off first.

Attachments

• B4C0B98D-E3CF-499F-9087-7A9BAA353CDC.png
    B4C0B98D-E3CF-499F-9087-7A9BAA353CDC.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 28
Its most likely up or down. Push the whole silver plate up while in contact with the wall and move the bottom edge out toward you. If not try pushing down and out. Keep the plate in contact with the wall and pull the edge you are pushing toward out and away from the wall. Excess force not needed.

Its most likely up or down. Push the whole silver plate up while in contact with the wall and move the bottom edge out toward you. If not try pushing down and out. Keep the plate in contact with the wall and pull the edge you are pushing toward out and away from the wall. Excess force not needed.

cheers but I did make a concerted effort to push the plate while it was flush (no pun intended) with the wall, both upwards and then to the left. This being prior to some slight prising out.

I used a good bit of effort

bit of a swine of a thing..

Sponsored Links
Call gebrit tomorrow

Rung them today.

Not tried it yet but Geberit were helpful. Won’t be able to try again for a day or two but it sounds like it should come off by pushing the plate TO THE RIGHT.

I was trying pushing up, then pushing it to the left. So fingers crossed.

So push right - should feel "springy" and pull the left edge out toward you.
Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back