Servis antidisturbance filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Question 1:

I'm looking at replacing the servis antidisturbance filter. However, my model looks different to the model found in the replacement part websites/ebay. The HF rating 25/100/21 is the same and all the sites state that it will fit my M6011.

However, the pin placement isn't the same. The pin placement will be easy to work out. Can anyone see any problems with this?

Question 2:

I'm considering replacing the part because the plastic holders on my filter cracked. I decided to research non conductive glue. I remember from PCB restoration, to look for conductive/non conductive types and selected superglue since my aim was to glue the plastic panel and it is non-conductive. However, some glue dribbled down, round and through the left side of the anti-disturbance filter, with a little part ending up on the copper coil and the yellow left terminal leading into the caps.

Now, from my experiences, the terminals happily survived the bonding process (which is often the worry), the machine works without issue. I further did research and from what I gather, the super glue will just act as an insulator.

Should there be anything to worry about? I've attached the washing machine up to a circuit breaker just in case. I can't see any problems with this but please let me know if I am wrong.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/bc36da82602098

Thanks,

Andrew

Sponsored Links
I've been googling for a wiring example.

I've found the following photo.

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/3711/galina-sinkova.1/0_3c675_d48b7f6e_XL.jpg

My plan will be that I'll keep using the machine. If the part goes wrong. I'll replace it. Being as it's a capacitor, I'll need to discharge it first with an insulated screw driver. I'll then match up the leads and attach the Earth to the original back plate.

Again, this seems a logical approach. If anyone with more experience can see any fault, please let me know, or alternatively, if you think this sounds right, also please let me know.

Thanks,

Andrew

Sponsored Links
http://www.imagebam.com/image/358f0482616164

Here is a photo from underneath the machine, looking up at the anti disturbance filter.

Thanks,

Andrew

Unless the filter is heat damaged due to bad connections on the spade teminals there is no need to replace it at all. If the mountings are damaged simply attach it to the case with a couple of cable ties. Making sure of course that there can be NO movement that could lead to any of the terminals making contact with the casing. It may be wise to encase the filter in a Thick platic bag, just to be sure!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back