Servis washing machine sensor fallen off with pics.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My Servis washing machine has started to drop water on the floor!
I've taken the back off and it is very obviuos that some sort of sensor has become de-attached from the drum.
You can see from the pictures that the foam washer type thing is still attached to the drum but the sensor has come free.
It looks like it was held on with some sort of brown glue.
Can I just re-glue the sensor back on? If so what type/brand of glue should I use and where would I get it from?
Any help wouild be much apreciated.
Many thanks,
Chris

Sponsored Links
look closer. it wasn't just glued in, the sensor fits into the rubber grommet.
Check that the grommet isn't damaged. If it looks ok then put some washing up liquid on your finger and run it around the grommet, now press the sensor back into place.

Thats great! I've done this now but surely it needs some sort of sealant as well?
I can't believe that it will be watertight without putting something on it.

If the grommet is ok and undamaged it should sit in there no problem.
If you really don't trust it, run some Bostick around it.

Sponsored Links
sleepyhead is not wrong, on tyhe old creda creda m/c there were two done just like it. first time i changed a tub on one guess what i / we never put back.

I say i /we a n other and myself were learning and the boss was watching , neither of us noticed , the boss did

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back