Servis M3905W washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend asked me to have a look at his washing machine. The belt broke and ripped off some wires. There are 4 wires disconnected, all from the same device which has four ¼" blade connections on it. It's located in the rear of the static drum, adjacent to the heater. I would guess it's the thermostat/temp sensor.

When I measure resistance across the device, 1 pair is closed circuit (safety cutout?) and the other pair is several hundred ohms (temp sensor?). Of the 4 wires that are missing, 2 are coloured grey and the other 2 are coloured white. Any ideas what goes where or how to deduce the answer? Am I right in thinking if I guess and guess wrong, I'm likely to fry the temp sensor?

I've tried googling a maintenance manual for it (Servis M3905W) but with no luck. Any help or advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back