servis m3101a washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have the above mentioned that turns on and locks door and thats me lot! no cycle or anything starts just clicks door locked and unlocked after delay if i turn it to off, not sure what to do, please help kind regards.

Sponsored Links
Does the drain pump operate after the door locks for a short while.
Do you hear a humming from the rear near the fill hoses.
Is water flowing through the fill hoses when disconnected (has tap been knocked off accidently)
If you put it just to spin or drain does it do anything.

Does the drain pump operate after the door locks for a short while. NO
Do you hear a humming from the rear near the fill hoses. NO
Is water flowing through the fill hoses when disconnected (has tap been knocked off accidently) NO AND IS CONNECTED/ON
If you put it just to spin or drain does it do anything. NO
KIND REGARDS

Possibly PCB failure, motor controller failure or worn motor brushes.

First check the motor brushes for wear they should be around 15mm long or more for best results.
The motor controller PCB near the base at the rear has two large ceramic power resistors on in parallel one or both of these can fail. I cant remember the exact values but with the power off to the machine if you measure the resistance across them you should get roughly half of the value that is printed on one of them
ie 5600 ohms printed on each you should get a reading of 2800 ohms when measured across them (if you remove them from the pcb you should get 5600 ohms).

As a note servis went bust over two years ago so some parts are hard to come by and pricey. Tech info is also hard to find.

Sponsored Links
thanks very much matey, checked brushes both 28mm long and awkwardly screwed in not clipped! so waiting for a mates multimeter then will test pcb controllers, also how do i test motor please, it's out of machine at mo? regards

the motor controller is flicking from 0 up to roughly the value it should be, there is some cheap pcb modules around, do you think i should just try one? also should i test motor if so how please? kind regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back