Servotech

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just seen you on the telly in that "Dirty tricks Of The Tradesman" cr*p.
Don't you think that proper decent tradesmen are having a hard enough time of it already?
"Dirty Tricks Of The Cowboys" might be a fairer title, even then there are enough scaremongering type programmes on already without yet another one adding to the list.
Still, I suppose getting your face on the telly is more important to you than projecting a decent image of the trade in general is it.
"Dirty tricks of The Tradesman"....................*&^^*&% !%&*

Sponsored Links
I missed it Ray la, what channel was in on?? Of course most of these telly programmes are staged, same actors turn up as 'customers' or 'cowboys' all the time. Makes good telly though, cheap to produce etc.

It was on BBC dick, just go on i player and search for rip off tricks of the tradesman. You'll see servotech in all his glory frightening the sh*te out of all our customers. Lovely.

Sponsored Links
That Tina bint, she's that bird from Eastenders!!! Here Rodger, that Luke looks a bit 'light on his loafers' mate, wouldn't spend too long in the van with him!!

If Roger does read this, Why are you turning on your own like that??

The tricks you are using are rediculous. You are using them for entertainment value more then showing people how not to be tricked.
The way you rigged that CO detector will just scare people. No one will believe us when there is an actual problem!

You of all people know that the majority of us dont do anything like that so dont try to tell anyone its for their benefit when its really about cheap easy to make bbc programmes.

Thanks for making working life that little bit tougher for us!

If Roger does read this, Why are you turning on your own like that??

The tricks you are using are rediculous. You are using them for entertainment value more then showing people how not to be tricked.
The way you rigged that CO detector will just scare people. No one will believe us when there is an actual problem!

You of all people know that the majority of us dont do anything like that so dont try to tell anyone its for their benefit when its really about cheap easy to make bbc programmes.

Thanks for making working life that little bit tougher for us!

To be fair, the wee guy that does the Sports on the BBC in the morning; did say that the vast majority of Tradesmen were trustworthy and as I say, it's all staged anyway. So I'd not give Roger a hard time, he may have a hissy fit & not come out his Winnebago......... ;)
Just kidding Roger mate, I think you'd be damned regardless of what you say or do!!
We all know what the UK public are like; most just want a cheap job & between the CC/CCCs, immigrants & Handymen, the trade is knackered!!!
Not many are prepaired to pay for Bona Fide Tradesmen these days.

[quote To be fair, the wee guy that does the Sports on the BBC in the morning; did say that the vast majority of Tradesmen were trustworthy and as I say, it's all staged anyway. quote]

I would agree if I thought people listened to that bit.

The problem is that there are way too many programmes like this out there attacking the trade. This one is the worst though because its not even catching idiots in the act. They can make up the most ludicrous ways to con people as point the finger in our direction.

Times are very tough at the moment and are likely to get worse by the sounds of it. Dont need it to get any worse

I haven't watched this programme, and it seems there's a few episodes worth of viewing which i havent got time to watch but there's been some mention elsewhere about gas work being carried out and whether said person is actually registered to carry out such work. I assume he'll be along shortly to clear all this up

He doesn't seem to have much to say about it.........on here anyway.
Maybe he's too busy dreaming up more stupid scenarios for the bbc to be bothering with this site now. :rolleyes:

I watched another episode la, and I can see what they're trying to do. As I said, the wee guy is labouring the point about most tradesmen being trustworthy, but unfortunately, he's not mentioned anything about trade associations. Now, I don't know one Bona Fide Plumber that's not a member of a trade association. Why not tell the unsuspecting British public to ask the tradesman if he's a member of one, before employing his services?? Or not to let anyone near your home that's not got a landline phone number or home/business address.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back