Servowarm Elite 50- Lighting, Banging But Not Working...!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys can any of you give me any hints or tips please.

I have already called out 2 plumbers who both walked away and said that they would contact me later.

I moved into a house in March and all has been fine since until Sunday last. The boiler started banging and clanking and I have hot water at times.

This is what I managed to write down that the plumbers were saying whilst looking at the boiler the cylinder and the loft tanks.

The boiler is kettling and wheezing and banging to and fro and clicking on and off. There is banging to and fro in the central heating pipework near the cylinder. It is also venting into the header tank.

The last guy said that it sounded dangerous and that he recomended that I turn the system off, which I have.

Anyone got any idea what my problem could be. Please help if you can.

At least forewarned is forearmed.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Perfect job walk in and say "Blimey, that doesn't sound right. That'll be £50. Ta"

No actually guys neither of them charged me, I give them their due. I just wondered if this was a particularly difficult boiler to work on. Or maybe they hadn't got a clue. Anyway guys, i'm none the wiser as I have looked and cant even find a pump...? Yes I do know what a pump looks like and has always beeen in the airing cupboard with the cylinder. More advice please guys or shall I call someone else and suggest to them that it might be the pump.?

Hi John would you believe I have more than one house....the other one had a new high efficiency condensing boiler fitted, eventually.

Does that mean I cant ask you guys for help as I have more than one house, actually I have 7 houses and 2 flats but what difference does that make to my question. I still need advice, please help if you can.

Oh I understand now guys, the pump is inside the boiler, thats why I cant see it in the airing cupboard. In that case has anyone any idea where I can obtain one from....? hey is this a difficult job as I havent heard back from either of the 2 plumbers that came round earlier.

lets see if we can help .. let us know the boiler model number .. i am sure we can help. 90% sure it is a pump fault .. i am guessing it is an older boiler but no point really going on to much without full details. :)

Is it a difficult job :rolleyes:

You have to remove the outer casing 4 screws, then the cover plate at the bottom another couple of screws, turn both valves off which is in the center and very easy to get too, undo the unions and swop the Grundfos gold.

Don't forget to isolate the sparky stuff and pull the wires out :cool:

Lisa35 said:
Does that mean I cant ask you guys for help as I have more than one house, actually I have 7 houses and 2 flats but what difference does that make to my question. I still need advice, please help if you can.

And you were strapped for cash to change the first one your pulling our legs ( and that was a joke honest)

If you sold one you could get updated on all the systems in your properties

Guys I'm not pulling your legs, all the properties are let and because I have numerous mortgages it doesn't mean I have endless cash. I am trying to understand how the things I own work, the boiler systems are all different models, so can you imagine how difficult it is for me to get to grips with them all. I'm usually at tradesmens mercy, although I have just contacted a nice lady plumber. The main problem is that most Guys try to rip me off...!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back