Setting Areas Texecom 48

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m struggling with the subject setup.

For overview I have 9 zones set as Area A (House). 1 zone (currently) set as Area B Garage. 3 Keypads all set with Area A & B ticked (Wintex). Keypads 1&2 are in the house, Keypad 3 in Garage. The XP8 expander has 1 zone (zone 9) used as A and another (zone 10) used as Area B; the Expander has also been ticked for Area A & B.

On the “Area Timers and Options” (Tab Wintex) I have set both A&B to Entry/exit but have not made any changes to "Options" or "Area Arm suites" .

When I arm all – no problem, everything is as expected. When I try to arm area A no problem again but when I try to area Arm B (from any keypad) I get a single beep from the keypad and nothing sets.

Driving me potty – any idea what I am missing? Other than few marbles perhaps :) .

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Sponsored Links
Have you got local arm/ disarm set ? On codes ? Set garage area B only .. And to set from house enter code , area , 2 this should arm garage from house , if garage activates enter code on house keypad this will stop the alarm but not disarm system , then just use the sytem as normal going into the garage and inputting your code will arm / disarm this area only and the same for the house ...

You've done it again Mark! your knowledge of this panel seems endless, thanks very much for your help. Problem now resolved.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back