Sexy burglar alarm..?

I didn't want the crappy GSM
Calling something crappy when you have no idea of how it compliments a system is just stupidity. You've got a system, a security system at that, attached to wifi, essentially updated and controlled somewhat by a third party and you call GSM crappy which is independent of anybody knowing your system or even what the sim is doing?

Sponsored Links
I wondered... do I want to be told when I'm 100 miles away that my house alarm has gone off... I dunno, really.
The benefit to me is knowing my alarm isn't going off when I'm out and about giving me piece of mind. After an failed attempted break in (old alarm scared off burglar but a large window was then left open for the next 6 hours unknowingly whilst I was at work)
Exactly, Paul.

Last edited:
I didn't want the crappy GSM
Calling something crappy when you have no idea of how it compliments a system is just stupidity. You've got a system, a security system at that, attached to wifi, essentially updated and controlled somewhat by a third party and you call GSM crappy which is independent of anybody knowing your system or even what the sim is doing?

Why would I remotely care what you think? Your input isn't needed here. Go away, troll.

really any need to get nasty?

there are benefits and problems with both systems wifi or gsm, as with pstn.

relying on one is okay until it fails when you need it most.

from my point of view wifi can be more problematic, but it will all depend on devices capabilities and what is going on in the vicinity.

gsm doesn't have to use your router to get the message out, so if something happens and there no power to the house, the wifi module will be working off the internal panel battery but your router without power back up can't send anything out, whereas the gsm can.

Sponsored Links
I never asked you to care so you can rest in peace but if you're posting utter nonsense it needs to be challenged to prevent others from listening to it.

Your experience with security is quite clear on this thread and when you put looks before function you are in the womble league to start with.

really any need to get nasty?

there are benefits and problems with both systems wifi or gsm, as with pstn.

relying on one is okay until it fails when you need it most.

from my point of view wifi can be more problematic, but it will all depend on devices capabilities and what is going on in the vicinity.

gsm doesn't have to use your router to get the message out, so if something happens and there no power to the house, the wifi module will be working off the internal panel battery but your router without power back up can't send anything out, whereas the gsm can.
Well said, but I doubt he'll take any of it onboard. He appears incredibly insecure to have to lash out instead of accepting reasoning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back