Sexy burglar alarm..?

I got Enforcer App with Wi-Fi, 2 x PIRs, 2 x key fobs, 2 x door contacts and siren box, installed, for less than £500.

Sponsored Links
DPM, really???

Where from and where can I get it from for this price? Does it include gsm?.

I didn't want the crappy GSM, I'd been waiting (quite a while, started the conversation last year) for the Wi-Fi module to come out. Maybe this stuff is cheaper in South Yorkshire? Just a local security company, nothing special.

He did say he wasn't making anything on it, but I doubt that. It was his first install of this, although he'd done the Ethernet one before, and GSM plenty of times, so it was only one new module. He needed to phone Pyronix twice during setup - they seemed very helpful.

I live in West Yorkshire. Gsm is much more reliable than wifi and I usually switch off wifi night.

Sponsored Links
No particular reason, although I if I had to have a reason, I don't like the idea of being asleep whilst the wifi is broadcasting the signal at night.

But you get up at 04:29 and write on the forum, using your Wi-Fi, and that - for me - is the middle of the night. :cool:

Anyway, I just wanted to set expectations for this kind of system - it was £495.

I hope the App gets better over time.

At > £500 he DIDNT make anything on it ! Unless it was a demo kit given out by Pyronix !

Well, he'd said that.

I'd comment that I haggled him down because the Sparkie who had done the rewire had set everything up nicely for him. Separate circuit-thingy in the new Consumer Board, fused spur labelled "Alarm", 8-core wire (overkill) already routed to where the old siren used to be. No old gubbins to remove (I'd done it all)... nice flat wall to mount it on. He seemed jovial about it on the day.

But you get up at 04:29 and write on the forum, using your Wi-Fi, and that - for me - is the middle of the night. :cool:

Anyway, I just wanted to set expectations for this kind of system - it was £495.

I hope the App gets better over time.

It's true that I replied in the early hours, but it was via my mobile 4g network.

I'm still confused as to what to get as I'm happy with the Pyronix, but there are so many different variety of kits and accessories, it gets baffling.

You possibly need to talk to a professional, then - which I am not, just an end user. I did do a lot of research, though, as evidenced here... and it's what I settled on in the end.

Thanks DPM...could you tell me why you find the WIFI system better than the GSM one? What are the advantages/disadvantages? What if your internet went down?

I was never interested in Digi-GSM.

I dismissed it completely out-of-hand. I don't want an alarm system that requires its own SIM. So I can't really do a compare-and-contrast like you want as it was never on the cards. I might've gone for Digi-LAN last year, but I wasn't happy about that either.

If my Internet went down I'm guessing I would not be able to set / unset the system via the App, or receive alerts to the App (or the devices the App is running on). As I don't use the App to set / unset the system that's no big deal. Alerts... well, when I tested it I found it quite annoying. I wondered... do I want to be told when I'm 100 miles away that my house alarm has gone off... I dunno, really. My main objective (if you read from the very start of this thread) was to get a sexy looking keypad. I drew a blank on that, basically, so now I have no keypad - but the system is new and - hopefully - future-proofed so it will be a good selling point in this small house refurbishment I've almost completed.

BTW, the convenience of this setup right now is that I don't even have Broadband at the property, I'm using a MiFi device to enable all the smart stuff like Pyronix Enforcer and Nest Thermostat and 3 x Nest Protects. It will all be nicely transferable when someone either buys or rents this place from me.

I wondered... do I want to be told when I'm 100 miles away that my house alarm has gone off... I dunno, really.
The benefit to me is knowing my alarm isn't going off when I'm out and about giving me piece of mind. After an failed attempted break in (old alarm scared off burglar but a large window was then left open for the next 6 hours unknowingly whilst I was at work)

I know if my alarm goes off now I maybe wont be able to get back in time to catch the culprit but the fact its not going off is the major benefit to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back