Sexy burglar alarm..?

Been a long time, but I'm getting the Pyronix setup with (new?) WiFi module... so no keypad near the door at all. User can use a key fob or their mobile - apparently, or can walk to the panel itself. Ordered on Thursday, hoping to have it fitted early this week. We'll see if it all goes to plan.

Sponsored Links
they have a wireless keypad I believe now and can do 64 zones with there expansion module.

be nice to know how you get on with the wifi module.

Sponsored Links
lol there is only so much you can test in house, its impossible to cover every possible scenario that may occur in the field.

its impossible to cover every possible scenario that may occur in the field.
That is one reason to limit the number of variables. In other words keep it simple. Avoid the marketing gimmicks that are added to make it look more appealing to the potential buyer.

More gimmicks means more variables to take account of in the testing.

I recall being on a training program with Pyronix a few years ago now and they had an issue in Norfolk pr somewhere where the new wireless street lights were causing the panel grief because the communications the lights were using weren't complaint and effect continuously transmitting.

that's not something you hear of day to day and is unlikely to be a common event.

Being installed on Wednesday morning, so I'll find out soon enough. I need to create myself some kind of Pyronix account for the phone beforehand, and get the App downloaded, and then should be all good.

After ignoring this 'Cloud' for so long, I'm really jumping-in. Next - a drone - to really get with the Cloud!

I had this installed this morning. Panel in cellar head. Two x PIRs, two x door contacts and 2 x key fobs - no doorway keypad. WiFi module as opposed to GSM or LAN. It was a pain to set up; they had to call Pyronix twice and Pyronix advised to "turn it off and back on again", but eventually it was all up and running. I have the App running on my phone and tablet and, so far, I think the keyfob approach will be most convenient.

Authentication is a bit OTT - at least it seems to be, in initial setup. I seem to have around 3 passwords (Pyronix website, Cloud password and App password) I may need to remember now. However, in practice, I bet I hardly use / need them. I obviously still have codes to use and the App asks you for codes when you're doing certain things.

Yeah, I like it.

I have checked my system on my phone a couple of times since it was installed - I'm now in a different county - and it has 'errored' on me, saying something about System not polling Pyronix servers or summat... but it seemed to recover from that. The connection to the Internet is a little 4G MiFi thing at the moment, so maybe that will be better once a proper router is installed, who knows?

Although happy with the system - key fobs are great - I was a bit peeved to find out that the Cloud access was only free for the 1st year. I had very deliberately asked the installer whether there was a charge at any time and he'd categorically told me "no"... I genuinely doubt he was misleading me at all, he probably just knew there was no charge to get up and running and didn't realise that it came in later on. Not a hefty amount, but it's a few takeaway curries, for sure...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back