Shaftless core drill - how to attach to chuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to drill a 50mm diameter hole in a vanity unit to accept a sink waste. I have a core dill but it doesn't have a shaft to enter into the drill chuck. All there is, is an elongated hole on top of the drill.

How does this attach to a standard hand drill?

Sponsored Links
I think it is supposed to have a pilot drill fitted, yours must be missing unless it was intended to be sold separately.

The ones for woodwork are usually sold in a set, with a round metal plate that the pilot drill clamps into, and concentric rings where you put the round saw in the size you want.

the ones for brickwork are a steel can with teeth, and a pilot drill goes through the end plate

Did you buy it recently?

Can you post a pic?

to be fair, if you just want to drill a few DIY holes in laminated board, a £10 thing like this will do. i agree quality is not great and it will be blunt after a dozen holes, but do you need more?

500584-ab0-00co_medium.jpg

at any DIY shed or hardware shop

Remeber to screw it together tightly. You choose which size of cutter to fix to the backplate.

example
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Blades/Hole-Saw-Set/invt/500584

Sponsored Links
Thanks all.

It's actually part of the 400 piece I bought from Screwfix ( think it was branded Titan? ). Will have a look through the the box of drills for the centre bit.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back