Shake and Vac

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been using it for years, it was only when I mentioned it to Beth earlier she said "surely no-one does that any more?"

Got me thinking, does it actually work? how can something being on your carpet for 30 seconds make any difference to the carpet itself when you then immediately hoover it up?

It might just be that it makes a nice smell on the output vent from your hoover. In which case it's incredibly overpriced air freshener...

Am I being hoodwinked?

Sponsored Links
Totally! You've just realised what most people realised years ago. That's why no-one does it anymore. :LOL:

If it has some kind of pesticide properties then it could kill mites and eggs. Delousing powder is on you for a similar amount of time I believe (perhaps the forces boys can enlighten us on that one), so maybe it isn't just overpriced air-freshener.

Although, that is on smooth human skin. The nearest equivalent to a carpet is a sheep, and they put them through a dip rather than just sprinkling powder on them. But it would still have some effect.

The label should tell you if it kills mites.

You can get a powder that absorbs stains from carpets it smells like it comtains some form of solvent and it is just shaken on so there must be some sort of action going on in order to lift the stain whether capillary or chemical?

Sponsored Links
Do the Shake And Vac and put the freshness back, do the Shake And Vac and put the freshness back,

When your carpet smells fresh, your room does too-oo-oo,
Every time you vacuum, remember what to do,

Do the Shake And Vac and put the freshness back, do the Shake And Vac and put the freshness back!

Oooooooh..I do feel better now!

securespark said:
Do the Shake And Vac and put the freshness back, do the Shake And Vac and put the freshness back,

Do the Shake And Vac and put the freshness back, do the Shake And Vac and put the freshness back!

I thought I was the only one who sang that song when shake'n'vaccing my chest hair. :LOL:

AdamW said:
securespark said:

I thought I was the only one who sang that song when shake'n'vaccing my chest hair. :LOL:
Is the blonde woman still wearing the stilletoes as she proceeds to vacuum your chest afterwards ouch! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back