shaky1105

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You can use a combi as a syѕtem boiler. In most homes the only high pressure outlet you need is the shower. Have this off the combi from the cold water mains. Fit a `combination cylinder`. That is a hot water water cylinder and cold water tank in one unit. It saves a lot of space. All other hot outlets can be off this. Take the cold taps off this as well. You can get some with a large cold tank section. It operates on low pressure and is far better than an unvented cylinder. It gives you stored water and the shower is not affected when the dishwasher kicks in.

If you have a small cold tank section, fit in a 3/4" ballcock and 22mm cold feed to it. It will fill fast.

Sponsored Links
So your recommending a Fortic/Harcopac???...what a clown.
BTW , a registration with Gas Safe is required in order to prove competence when carrying out any work related to gas.

This 'advice' is to benefit who exactly? I only clicked on the thread as I saw the Author and wanted to see what tripe he was spouting this time....

Edit. I see, there was another thread started by shaky1105, that seem to have been locked. Wonder why......

Sponsored Links
BTW , a registration with Gas Safe is required in order to prove competence when carrying out any work related to gas.
There is no gas in a Fortic cylinder. It is all water and a cylinder stat.

A Fortic type of combination cylinder with a 3/4" ballcock is like a low pressure unvented cylinder. As fast as the water is being drawn off it is filling. Much safer.

Very neat and all low pressure. No annual service charge as for an unvented cylinder. And much safer.

012-088-1403(350W).jpg

combination%20cylinder%202.jpg

Oh don't be so harsh Steely, I'm sure he made a mistake calling it a 'tank'!!

I see, there was another thread started by shaky1105, that seem to have been locked. Wonder why......

It's because Shakey1105 had probems with the hot water getting cold on long pipe runs, and was intending to install a secondary water heater nearer the kitchen. Obviously, he has a right to do what he wants, but some members felt it was utter stupidity, and when one poster tried to suggest a solution based on what Shakey wanted, all hell got let lose.

What's hard-work on about that's a thermal store or combi store still mains pressure not low pressure ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back