Shall I sand this plaster?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have had a section of wall replastered. The below pic shows the border between the existing painted wall and the replastered section.

Do you think it's a good idea to sand down the border in an attempt to improve the finish? Or will it do more harm than good?

Thanks

sand-the-edge.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sanding the plaster will leave scratch marks, what I would do to get a nice smooth finish in that area, is sand the roughness off, then fill it out again with some form of filler(poly etc) or jointing compound (easifill) then re-sand to a smooth finish.
This will hide the scratch marks.

Thanks for your reply. I am thinking it would be good to sand off the roughness too. I have bought an Oakey sanding sponge which has 180 extra fine grade and 240 super fine grade, so I might try that and see how we go.

Rgds

Sponsored Links
Using a scraper should help you to clean back some of that mess before you start filling/repairing.

First thing I would do is roller on some emulsion so it will highlight your problem better plus this would give the filler better adhesion than straight onto dry bare plaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back