How Do I Get a Good Finish After Ceiling Replastered??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I've had a ceiling replastered. The supporting walls are wood panels painted gloss white. You can see from the picture below that some of the plaster has gone onto the wood panels.

I want to get a nice finish when I paint the ceiling. What should I do about the plaster on the wood panels?? Attempt to remove it or just paint over it??

Any other advice on finish techniques much appreciated.

get-a-good-finish.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi, its better if you remove the thick of it. first coat it, then any rough areas refill and sand. You could also use decorators caulk in the edges which leaves a smooth finish. Hope this helps

You should remove all the excess plaster first. Scrape off with a scraper, then sand the wood to a flat finish. As mentioned, use a gap filler/caulk to fill any unsightly gaps.

When painting the ceiling, use a diluted matt emulsion for the first coat. You must dilute the first coat, otherwise it will peel off.

Sponsored Links
Yes, firstly remove extra plaster then scrape with scraper. Fill the gaps and then use sand or additional substance like primer to smoothen it. Apply good quality of paint...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back