shallow depth dimmer switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a dimmer from the local warehouse but on removing the old normal switch I only have a very thin back box. It is only plaster deep, and has brick behind it.

Dont want to start chasing into the brick and putting new back box in - does anyone know of any thin/shallow dimmer switches on the market that would fit this. Most of them seem to have a big transformer thing on the back.

Didn't measure the depth of the back box but assume it is a standard size and you wil know what I'm taking about.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Some dimmers come with a spacer collar that allow you to stick them on a 23mm back box. Ask at your local friendly wholesalers to see if they can get you one (perhaps even out of the box of another dimmer they stock!). MK also do a trunking adaptor that does the same kind of thing I believe.

Sponsored Links
Thanks All.
I could maybe go for one of them, but sadly they only do a double switch, and it does seem overkill. I'll keep looking for now I think - somebody must do one.

If you are still having problems getting a dimmer then GET do one that will fit in a 16mm back box..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back