Shallow fridge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Does anyone have any suggestions for locating a fridge with a depth of 52 cm?
I have looked everywhere with no luck
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Well I do have one, but in real terms it is useless. It came from Woolworths so you can guess how old and it works either 12 VDC or 230 VAC however when playing with a energy meter I found it used more power than our full size fridge/freezer. It seems the one in the caravan is the same, yes it works and yes it would fit but the power it uses is silly.

The government restrictions on energy ratings have stopped the production of many products. The more square the box the easier to keep cool and the parameters for fridges are easier to meet than for freezers so now the freezer is always smaller than the fridge. There are ways to get away with not conforming to the energy rating so 12 VDC is exempt and so is duel fuel but not duel voltage so that Woolworth fridge now has the 230 to 12 volt power supply separate to fridge so it can comply.

The 12 volt compressor fridges are silly prices and also use near double the power to a 230 volt fridge and no energy labels on the 12 volt or duel fuel stuff. So yes there are fridges that size mainly made for caravans but really you would not want to use one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back