shared guttering downpipe

ia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I share guttering with my next door neighbour and the down pipe is on his side of the boundary line. As he is now in the middle of building an extension he has told me that the down pipe has to be moved to my side and that I have to pay for it. Does he have any rights to claim this when there was no mention of moving the guttering in the initial agreement to the extension, which I approved? And how could I possible be responsible for paying for something because he has chosen to enhance their house? Anyone have any advice or experience of this?

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
Sounds like he's trying his luck. Tell him where to go, and that no-one is to put anything across your property without your permission. Then take photos incase things turn ugly.

• Thanks
Reactions: ia
Sounds like he's trying his luck. Tell him where to go, and that no-one is to put anything across your property without your permission. Then take photos incase things turn ugly.

thanks a lot. i've taken photos (he also tried to erect one of his extentsion wall into my property boundaries without any legal agreement). my concern is that i don't know whether i have any legal rights to actual use his down pipe (only bought my house 1 year ago) and hence have to pay for new guttering to be put up on my side of the boundary.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back