Sharp 9kg washing machine fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Approx 18 month old and nothing but problems with it, Sometimes it will fill with water then dumps the water and displays "End" cycle. Other times it will do a part cycle and again it dumps water and displays "End" cycle.
I tried to capture this on video many times but then it decides to do a full cycle.

I contacted Sharp and someone turned up to have a look at it but said He couldn't find any fault with it but he said it's probably a board issue, a month later I get a bill for £90.

Lucky I have access to another machine but I gave it another try and now this happens,

Sponsored Links
Have you tried switching off & unplugging then leaving for 10 mins & trying again? Does it work ok on a spin only mode? Does the water start to heat up before it starts to empty? Does it work ok on a different cycle ( not 60 degree wash )?

I have tried switching off, I unplugged it for a day or so, I also checked it wasn't a syphoning problem, Waste trap was also checked. No matter what the temperature is it makes no differance. A few weeks back it would do a 12 minute quick wash with no problem at all and other days it would just fill with water then seconds later it would drain with "End" cycle displayed.
Today 07/2 I had a call from Sharp, someone is going to have a look at it tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back