Shaver socket mk 110/230v zone 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a shaver socket that I plan to install above the basin in zone 2. The shaver socket is bs61558-2-5 compliant. Ok

According to nic it says it’s allowed but again I read on another bathroom website that only 110v is allowed?

I’d like to know if I can install a 110/230v shaver socket in zone 2. Clarification appreciated. Thanks

https://dms.niceic.com/0000002375.pdf

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have a shaver socket that I plan to install above the basin in zone 2. The shaver socket is bs61558-2-5 compliant. Ok According to nic it says it’s allowed ...
For at least once, NICEIC is correct!
... but again I read on another bathroom website that only 110v is allowed?
Nonsense. I suggest you find a different bathroom website!
I’d like to know if I can install a 110/230v shaver socket in zone 2. Clarification appreciated.
Sure, provided it is (as you say it is) BS EN 61558-2-5 compliant, then that's fine.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I have sent a comment to them. It will be ignored. They are just selling advertising.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back