Shaver Socket Not Working

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,

The shaver socket and wall light stopped working in my bathroom. I tested that there was a current in the wires going into the back of the socket with a multimeter so figured the issue was with the socket itself. I just installed a new socket with the same result - current going into the back but socket still not working. Any advise would be appreciated.

Regards,
Biggab

Sponsored Links
The shaver socket and wall light stopped working in my bathroom. I tested that there was a current in the wires going into the back of the socket with a multimeter so figured the issue was with the socket itself. I just installed a new socket with the same result - current going into the back but socket still not working. Any advise would be appreciated.
Is this a combined light and "shaver socket", similar to https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shaver-Light-Socket-Chrome-240Volt/dp/B01N5PT0B6?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_2 ?

If so, it is possible that the transformer/power supply included within this device has failed.
If it has failed, the best thing to do would be to replace the existing unit.
(How long has the device been in service?)

(By the way, you have tested for VOLTAGE (at about 230 V AC) going into this device - not the current drawn, since this is [apparently] zero.)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back