Shaver socket extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

Can anyone help - I'm trying to find a shaver socket extension.

I'm sure other people must have the same issue as me, we now have 3 items in our bathroom that require a shaver socket and we only have one socket.

Do shaver socket extensions exist? If so, where can I find one?

Cheers

Joey

Sponsored Links
Not sure but it I think that most shaver socket MI state that they should only be used for shavers. What are you needing to plug in?

Someone posted a pic on here a while ago of a shaver socket used to charge an electric toothbrush. The result being large cracks appearing in the socket front through overheating.

My electric toothbrush charger draws 13mA.

Are you sure the cracks, or overheating, weren't caused by someone jamming what looked like a shaver plug but was actually a CEE 7/16 Europlug into the shaver socket?

Sponsored Links
I have a shaver socket / transformer that cracked after a couple of years use. The cracks in the front plate, which were not apparent before installation, radiate from about the centre of the transformer core out towards the edges. it has only ever been used with a shaver plug.

Maybe the cracking is down to rough handling before installation?

Back to the OP's question - supplying more than one socket would probably overload the transformer, which, IIRC, is rated at about 20mA, as it is only designed to supply one outlet.

we now have 3 items in our bathroom that require a shaver socket and we only have one socket.
steelc.jpg

©RFLighting

3x MK K700's and a transformer elsewhere?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back