Wiring in Shaver light for bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted some advice really - I need to wire in a shaver light into the bathroom - it only has a neutral and live and says it must not be earthed.
What cable should I go out and buy - 2 core 1mm without earth perhaps? If I use a cable with earth what should I do - clip it off at the end? The light runs two 40w bulbs and a shaver socket. It will be wired into a plug socket in the loft- what fuse size should I be using 13amp or 3amp?

Sponsored Links
You'll probably get a better response by putting this in the right section - Electrics.

However, the normal convention for installing shaver lights/sockets is to run them off the lighting circuit. So I don't quite understand what you're trying to achieve here ........

It will be wired into a plug socket in the loft- what fuse size should I be using 13amp or 3amp?

If you're wiring this in a conventional manner you'd use 1.00mm T&E and tie back and sleeve the earth wire.

The conventional household lighting circuit MCB is rated at 5A.

If you were running this appliance from a standard plug you'd fuse it at 3A.

Not at all happy about your method of implementation but I hope the information helps.

The current one is wired to a plug, that is plugged into a socket in the loft, so I thought I would copy that.
Is there really a problem doing this?

Sponsored Links
yes, you are confusing the issue, this should be in UK electrics

make a separate post and the mods will move it for you (hope fully)

Back