Shaver Socket Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I would like to put a shaver socket in my bathroom. Unfortunately the only option I have for the power supply is utilising a socket in the loft. The socket is supplied via a fused spur (5A fused) in the airing cupboard that also connects to the house burglar alarm.

My question is, can I simply spur off the socket in the loft or do I need to add another FCU.

Thanking you in advance for your advice.

Regards
Dave

Sponsored Links
i would advise against spuring of the socket in the loft for 2 reasons, 1 the socket is already a spur and 2 the spur is only 5A so taking any more power of it could risk blowing it.

maybe spur of the bathroom lighting, use a 12v transformer should be ok.

I agree with connecting to the lighting circuit, however the work is notifiable under part p of the building regs so it might be more viable to get an electrician who is a member of a competent person scheme to install it for you.
Don't know about 12v transformer, or do you mean an isolation transformer?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back