Shed advice for dumb blonde!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am just about to spend my hard earned savings (£1360) on a 8ft x 8ft shed that has an attached bike store 8ft x 3ft (partitioned off from the main shed area). It is a 12mm - 9mm tongue and groove redwood with sides having 2 bolts as well as screws to fasten frame/panels together which in my opinion is good quality.
However, it has an osb roof and my experience of this material on my current shed floor is far from positive. The shed company state they use osb as tongue and groove tends to shrink in the heat and expand when cool so gaps appear and the felt ripples.
Please can you give me your honest views on which material to opt for as both are available but the tongue and groove will cost a bit more. I want what will last the longest.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I dont see any real plus of one over the other. T&G looks nicer on the inside but neither should ever be getting wet. Replacing felt before it needfs done in the secret to shed longevity.

your txg will be 9mm machined from 12.7mm timber
the osd will be 11mm ok for roofs but not floors

look for txg shiplap looks better actually 12mm thick

gaps appear because they are thrown together if they are too wet when put together they cant get the planks tight enough together so gaps appear when the planks dry out

go for 12mm exterior ply much better but off course more expensive

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back