Shed issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a new shed thats 1.5 years old and since 6 months old its shown signs of not well made as as it has shrunk and expanded its warped and pushed some of the t+g cladding out at the join retailer not interested and no solution to a fix either

im trying to see what the supplier can do but not holding out any hope second complaint

im looking at replacing the currently 2 faulty boards

but am thinking is it worth it if im removing the 2 boards remove all of them on all sides a side at a time and putting some osb or plywood underneath so if it does shrink again and expand and not re set back to ideal position it wont really matter as there would be a backing to keep any stray rain water out of my shed

or just replace boards as and when they go but i can only find 3M length boards from tiger sheds spares store at £10 a length then plus delivery plus my shed is apparently 12mm and they sell 16mm would this make much difference

hence the idea of lining behind the boards by removing fitting sheets of osb or ply or any other suitable material like a membrane or something then refitting the boards and slot in the 2 damaged ones to suit so like top and bottom and juggle the others around

attached photo of the damage

Attachments

• 20210121_164355.jpg
    20210121_164355.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 130
Sponsored Links
You will not remove nailed boards like those without damaging the wood and structure of the shed.

The way the wood has warped it should throw the rain off, not let it in.

Blup

whilst it looks bad its actually possibly salvageable perhaps 50/50
whats actually happened is dried out and shrunk a bit then curled a bit
then rather than slide inside the groove its clashed with the front and pushed out

i would let it dry and shrink then only soak the tongue back on the bottom to soften and gradually try to work the tongue back in
then once inn wet it every few days to allow it to soften and expand in firmly then eventually it may settle in the right place
but once in keep your eye on it trying to pop out and work it in and wet it on the back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back