Shed Base: Conrete Blocks on Slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am preparing the base for a 4m x 3m shed which is of 45mm think wall. The place I am going to install the shed is already covered with 35mm slabs on building sand (without cement mixed apparently), as shown in the picture below. Since the shed isn't that heavy, to make it easier I plan to lay 100mm 7N solid blocks in rows on the slabs to support the bearers. However, the slabs may have been there for years and some of them have sunk a little bit (up to 1cm) and one end of the patio is slightly lower than the other end. So my questions are:

1. Should I re-lay the slabs with dry mix then lay blocks, or just lay blocks directly onto the existing slabs, but using wet mix to make sure blocks are level?

2. Should I lay damp proof membranes between slabs and blocks?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chang

Sponsored Links
bed your blocks level using a wet 4:1 mortar mix. The place for a dpc would be between the block and the shed bearer/ joist

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back