Shed build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Iwould like to build a shed with 6" breeze blocks .Shed size 10ft long x8ft wide x5ft high to the eaves.Would the 6" blocks be ok on their edge.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I notice you don't specify the total height. Based on wall thickness alone, if you really do use 6" (not the more common 4") you're good upto a height of 8ft. This assumes adequate latteral support is given by your roof structure. I still wouldn't be happy with the lightweight blocks though. I'd go for medium density as an absolute minimum.

Thanks folks.
Oilman Shed is only for storing garden tools and machinery so don,t require too much height.I would like to fit pitched roof.If this nonsense please advise as all help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
10 x 8, just for tools :eek:

But seriously, if you were to go up just one more foot at the eaves, it would make it a much more useable space. Even if you only want to store tools for now, the additional height would leave your options open for the future. It would also be more appealing to any potential buyer, in the event that you ever want to sell the property.

You don't even need to commit yourself, one way or the other at the moment. Just see how the mood takes you, once you get up to 5ft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back