SHED POWER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shed has power running to it using normal cable in plastic conduit underground. I know this is not a good idea.

I want to replace the cable with SWA, is it a good idea to pull the SWA through the existing conduit using the old cable, to avoid re-digging the garden up ? ( A bit lazy you might think )

Any tips for doing this would be great.

Cheers, Dom

Sponsored Links
You can certainly try, just don't be supprised if it just wont go (and don't be rough with it when it won't go or you'll damage the cable)

To be honest the size of the conduit will probably be 20/25mm. The sort of size of armoured you would need would be a very tight fit and probably impossible!

As adam says it may just fit - if you do go for it then i'd reccomend some lubrication (grease etc)

Best of luck!

PompeySparks said:
i'd reccomend some lubrication (grease etc)

:eek:

Seriously, I don't reckon it would go, unless (at a pinch) you have 25mm conduit, but even then, what about elbows etc....?

Sponsored Links
Lets face it - if conduit is anything more than a short, straight run then drawing through is not an option! :(

securespark said:
PompeySparks said:
i'd reccomend some lubrication (grease etc)

:eek:

It all depends on what the overall diameter of his cable is, if its too big he might need a bigger cond...uit

shoot.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back