shed roof felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A small patch of roof felt is missing from my garden shed. From inside I can see it is not leaking. I have been to B&Q but they only sell big rolls of shed felt (for £30+). I wonder if I can apply flashband to the missing patch as a quick fix? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Give it time.....!
Flashband will probably work for a while - longer if you use its proper primer - and there's MKM's Evercryl for a brush on fix.
Better do the whole roof properly, I feel!
John :)

As per John's advice above - flashband will work but not for a permanent repair. For cheap felt try local roofing merchants (like maybe Asphaltic, Unit 1/Quarry Rd, Aberdeen AB16 5UU tel 01224 692000). Ask for cheap glass fibre based mineral surfaced felt for a shed.

If you want a more professional re-roof then put a patch over the missing bit and nail all the felt better, then torch a layer of better quality mineral felt on top. Reasonable quality torch-on felt should be about £30 per 8m roll. Obviously you'll need a gas torch or someone to do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back