Damp shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shed is over 10 years old but is in reasonably good shape - some rotting along one edge at the base where its next to a border. The roof was re-felted last year but the roof boards inside look very wet and there is a lot of white furry mould inside the shed. There is no sign of leaks on the roof. The felt isn't torn. We did leave the old felt underneath, which I know we shouldn't have but that shouldn't cause the dampness inside to continue. It's been over a year since it was re-felted. Could something else be causing the dampness inside? It's on the side boards as well. Is it a sign that the sheds on its way out?

Sponsored Links
If the roof board is very wet, check out the felting once again......especially if it's been nailed on or secured with timber laths.
Even the tiniest fault will cause the roof to saturate.
Leave the door open when you can to help the thing dry out.
John :)

Sounds like water is getting through some where on the roof.

Did they use that thin shed felt or the torch on because in my opinion the shed felt is useless and the torch on while being about twice as much in cost is far far better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back