shed wiring for snakes, but another question

Are you sure that it's my ego,

Kind Regards, John.

Definitely, as you cannot let it go.
Even another is asking why you have not done as you intended, it is always an essay with you. Trying to prove something or another.
Why a few do not bother even to reply.

All you have done is say your method this your method that. Others are too expensive or anything else you can fit in. Then questioning the keeping of the reptiles where they are (Admittedly with another, but why?) which has nothing to do with the question.

What is your expertise here again? Mine is monitoring situations and signalling in this instance.

Sponsored Links
it is a shame that my question has resulted in yet, another arguement or posturing, let it be known that wether "one waffles or not" any information is useful from my stand point, let us respect others opinions as long as it is not flagrantly wrong or dangerous. I have learnt a lot from all of your answers guys and i will take it all to my quote in the morning, but i will leave all the petty resentments aside. Once, again. thanks for ALL contributions

Ben.

Thankyou. As i said fore armed is fore warned and i attended with some concern over his vivarium project. Others had quotedfor power only but the chaps grandad agreed that power and security need to be monitered.

We have agreed on an install including a non maintained emergency light fitting in the outbuilding with one of these

http://www.sendtech.co.uk/SPIR.shtml

Once again, thanks

Sponsored Links
Thankyou. As i said fore armed is fore warned and i attended with some concern over his vivarium project. Others had quoted for power only but the chaps grandad agreed that power and security need to be monitered.
You have got to ask yourself why the other chaps only quoted for power only.
We have agreed on an install including a non maintained emergency light fitting in the outbuilding with one of these
http://www.sendtech.co.uk/SPIR.shtml[/QUOTE]
To be honest I think you have walked into a trap here that the other chaps perhaps foresaw.
You could be potentially liable for anything that goes wrong with the monitoring system you have designed.
I personally would have provided the power and left it to the owner to worry about the monitoring.

yes guys sorry, i should have said, because i was knowlegeable and concerned, he chose me, i have agrreed to obtain the linked item and programme it with him as long as he signs a waiver to say that i am not responsible for the supplied sms/alarm device. He is happy with that on the basis that i sat down with him and discussed the functions.A lap top with a dongle is worth its weight. Thanks for your concern

I still don't understand what use the PIR is going to be?
I agree with your comment. I would have thought the issue would be to notify of loss of power - not sure how this particular product would achieve that - unless the snake started waving its tail in the air ;) .

If if is power failure notification then I would have thought this would be of more benefit.
http://www.sendtech.co.uk/GSMAlarm+.shtml
Probably way over the top but...

I would have thought the issue would be to notify of loss of power - not sure how this particular product would achieve that - unless the snake started waving its tail in the air ;)
According to the product blurb, no tail-waving is needed:
The system ELDES EPIR will report every time mains 230V power supply fails or recovers.
... but if they do wave their tails enough to activate the PIR, then one can listen remotely to see if they are coughing :) I'm a bit nervous about 'click here to request us to send you an email about prices' - are they ashamed about their prices, or what?

Kind Regards, John.

The system ELDES EPIR will report every time mains 230V power supply fails or recovers.
Ah missed that :oops:
... but if they do wave their tails enough to activate the PIR, then one can listen remotely to see if they are coughing :) I'm a bit nervous about 'click here to request us to send you an email about prices' - are they ashamed about their prices, or what?
No prices means high prices - if you have got to ask then you can't afford it.
But seriously I would have thought the stand alone power monitor product I linked would be better unless security is seen as a big issue.
This would avoid the potential false alarms given the location (shed/outbuilding) with the dust, sunlight and other potential trigger movements (the snake if it feeling frisky :evil: )

Ah missed that :oops: .... No prices means high prices - if you have got to ask then you can't afford it.
Exactly.
But seriously I would have thought the stand alone power monitor product I linked would be better unless security is seen as a big issue. This would avoid the potential false alarms given the location (shed/outbuilding) with the dust, sunlight and other potential trigger movements (the snake if it feeling frisky :evil: )
I agree, but we're told that grandad wanted 'security detection'!

Kind Regards, John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back